Here are some various resources you might find helpful about college for students with intellectual disability.
Think College - Think College is a one-stop-shop for all things related to college and students with intellectual disability.
- Advice for students from students
- Tons of articles and materials
- Learning modules
- Great videos about postsecondary education
ABLE National Resource Center - ABLE National Resource Center can help you save for college! The ABLE Act for 2014 gives families the ability to establish tax-advantaged savings accounts for individuals with disabilities. Here’s one basic video about ABLE.
Preparing for College – Getting ready to attend college must start early and takes a team effort! Whether you are a student, a parent, a teacher, VR counselor or case manager, these resources will be helpful as you prepare a student with intellectual disability to go to college.
- Think College Transition Checklist
- Think College & Career Ready Learning Plan
- Preparing for Postsecondary Life
Guardianship - A KU-TPE student can be his/her own guardian or have a guardian. There are lots of alternatives to guardianship to explore.
- National Resource Center for Supported Decision-Making
- Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities Alternatives to Guardianship
- SCIL Guardianship &Alternatives to Guardianship
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities webinar on guardianship
KU-TPE Documents – Additional KU-TPE materials to consider before you arrive at KU.