KU-TPE provides students with intellectual disability an inclusive KU experience across all facets of college life. Our program specifically targets:
Career Development. Integrated competitive employment upon finishing KU-TPE is our expectation. We have the tools, technology, and connections to help you develop your career path and get job experience.
- Develop your career pathway
- Participate in internships each semester
- Paid and unpaid jobs both on and off campus
- Learn 21st Century Skills to be competitive in the job market
Academics. KU-TPE students take courses alongside their KU undergraduate peers, and receive individualized accommodations and adaptations.
- Take 6 credit hours/semester (no courses are audited)
- KU-TPE Program of Study courses and electives
- Individualized accommodations from the KU-AAAC and adaptations as needed
- Access tutoring and other KU academic resources
- Receive the KU-TPE Career Development Certificate.
Student Life. Are you outgoing? An introvert? KU-TPE can help you engage with the KU community.
- Peer Mentors help you ease you into university life
- Navigate campus like a pro!
- Access KU non-academic resources:
- Learn time-management, calendaring, self-advocacy and problem-solving skills
- Participate in some of the 600+ KU student clubs and organizations, activities and events
Residential Life. Students can live on campus in KU Housing.
- Participate in activities with people in your living community
- Living community = KU learning community!